What it the best way to worm a chicken?

I've never wormed my chickens because they have all been healthy and they've never shown symptoms which would make me suspect they had a worm overload requiring treatment. Other folks worm on a regular basis. Here are two links I keep on hand, both discussing a product called Eprinex, as well as natural treatments. I would use Eprinex if the need arises. If you search this site, you will find plenty of advice on different worming schedules and natural versus other treatments. After much reading I have decided not to worm my chickens unless I suspect worm overload. Best of luck to you.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=433020
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=437595

Magical property. I keep checking my chickens for worms by sending their poop away in test tubes to my vet (I also inspect it visually myself
lau.gif
) because I just can't tolerate the thought of thingies eating away at my beloved birds. I occasionally get live human patients with worms and cysts from worms and its SO devastating. So I check at least annually, and we never result any worms in our chickens. My neighbor's black walnut tree (changes the soil) MAY have something to do with it, my chicken's rare breeds heritage with old fashioned immunity MAY be helping, their sunny relaxy days relatively free of stress MAY help, encouraging multi-live bacterial loads via free range of our compost heaps MAY help, or maybe God is exceedingly kind and has decided I've seen enough wormy poop in my life, so will not allow any here on my property or within any of my beloved family. I dunno. Magical property, I think.

A visiting cat has left wormy poop on many occasions, but still my chickens come up clean and clear. See? There is a God. Magical property.

GOOD LUCK
thumbsup.gif

6chickens in St. Charles :

Magical property. I keep checking my chickens for worms by sending their poop away in test tubes to my vet (I also inspect it visually myself
lau.gif
) because I just can't tolerate the thought of thingies eating away at my beloved birds. I occasionally get live human patients with worms and cysts from worms and its SO devastating. So I check at least annually, and we never result any worms in our chickens. My neighbor's black walnut tree (changes the soil) MAY have something to do with it, my chicken's rare breeds heritage with old fashioned immunity MAY be helping, their sunny relaxy days relatively free of stress MAY help, encouraging multi-live bacterial loads via free range of our compost heaps MAY help, or maybe God is exceedingly kind and has decided I've seen enough wormy poop in my life, so will not allow any here on my property or within any of my beloved family. I dunno. Magical property, I think.

A visiting cat has left wormy poop on many occasions, but still my chickens come up clean and clear. See? There is a God. Magical property.

GOOD LUCK
thumbsup.gif

Ty you very much for sharing!!! God has truely truely blessed you!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom