What job do you do?

My husband and I are recently retired. I am a RN who worked in ER's most of my career and my husband was a millwright for 40+ years. We just started with 50 chicks for eggs, meat and fun. We haven't had chicks since our kids were in 4-H. Now we are great grand parents. Yea!! Home with the hunting dogs, cats, chicks and garden at last.

Well I am a stay at home mom, our daughter is 9, and I home school her. Plus we have 4 arabians, 2 american shetland ponies we show, several dogs and cats, a fish, and one rabbit and our 5 chickens. So I am busy busy busy.

IMO, a Stay at home mom = Full time job with lots of overtime (but not the overtime pay)!

I'm a gardener/horticulturist. I design, plant and maintain people's gardens, including flower beds, shrubs and ornamental trees, window boxes and planters, even Halloween and Christmas decor outdoors (doing Christmas urns with lots of evergreens is one of the best parts). I'm self-employed, so I can be flexible to help my elderly parents.

Last edited:
I am the Postmaster at our village Post Office for 40 hrs a week. The rest of my time is spent gardening, feeding and caring for sled dogs and chickens. We also gold mine, commercial fish, plow and maintain our village airport for the State of Alaska, trap, hunt and try to live a subsistence lifestyle. I stretch the fur that my husband traps, usually marten, lynx, wolf and wolverine. We hunt for moose, caribou, and black bear, and we fish for king salmon to eat and chum salmon for dog food. It's an awesome and healthy lifestyle!

I am a Medical Assistant at a Cardiologist Office. I also work part-time as a Veterinary Assistant. As of right now, I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, and 9 Silkie Chickens. I am getting ready to add a few more Silkies. My dream is to have a farm with all kinds of animals. I wish my job could be having a small farm. Maybe one day, but right now the Cardio Office pays the bills.
smile.png

After 30 years in the insurance industry, I now work part-time at a performing arts center. I work "front of house" - which means from the end of the stage to the front door.

I enjoy it as it's totally different from anything I'd ever done before. I get to see bits and pieces of performances, sometimes get to meet the performers, and always see lot's of local people I've known for years as patrons.

Getting used to a mostly weekend and night work schedule has been difficult but it's been worth it.

I am an architectural drafter. Designing and drawing large scale commercial buildings and extravagant stair systems. Love my chickens and i enjoy gardeing, vegetables and some flowers/plants.

I'm an industrial control system test engineer. I develop and run tests on PLCs before they are released to be used in production.
I can't believe that they pay what they do to do this job. Best job I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom