What killed 5 out of 6 ducks?

theacw

Songster
8 Years
May 7, 2011
MN
My friend is devastated that something killed her 5 ducks, 1 survived but is limping and and is confused.

She said there were 3 bodies dead on the ground, 1 was guts and feathers, and one was taken away.

It tore apart where they sleep that was made of plywood. Split down the middle front.

What would do this?

Any advice for the little one left over?

My friend is devastated that something killed her 5 ducks, 1 survived but is limping and and is confused.

She said there were 3 bodies dead on the ground, 1 was guts and feathers, and one was taken away.

It tore apart where they sleep that was made of plywood. Split down the middle front.

What would do this?

Any advice for the little one left over?
I'm so sorry for your friend to find her ducks killed how awful, if her duck house was well built out of plywood then I'd say a bear if ya'll have them around. Can't imagine a raccoon being able to spilt a house down the middle or even a dog unless it was very flimsy plywood. for the sole survivor it needs to be kept warm and have it's wound treated. How bad are the wounds? it is probably in shock and will need to be kept in doors in a safe place till it heals. fresh water with electrolytes added and food when it comes out of shock. {I should not be left out side to wander around dazed and confused. } shock will kill too. Let us know how bad the wounds are, ducks can come back from horrendous attacks but they need lots of TLC to make it.

Yes, keep us posted on the survivor and give all the best to your friend. Hope the injured one survives.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom