What killed my chickens?

yea a feral cat will kill chickens but I doubt one killed mine because there are much easier targets out here then my rooster

3-4 weeks was one of the little ones that disapeared but the rooster was full growen would a feral cat walk of qith a full growen rooster and leave no feathers

Last edited:
Somewhere on the internet there is a predator chart and it will help you with that. I think at the end though, it says if there are absolutely no signs, but that it just disappears, it was probably a human. I can't imagine that on this side of 1948, but who knows.

We let our chickens out in a temporary netting fenced area. I was sitting in a lawn chair watching them (I love to do that) and a hawk flew down to get one that was near the netting. I was wearing a red shirt not six feet from him, guess he didn't see me or didn't care. He got caught in the netting, got loose and took off. If he had gone after the ones further in, he would have gotten one. He/she was huge, seeing it up close like that.

The predator identification chart is at the very top of THIS forum
wink.png

Last edited:
yea it does and theres realy not that much predators that wouldn't leave a trail around

Back
Top Bottom