What killed my duck?

20190216_142923.jpg

If you look across the creek you can see the feathers where she was right behind me like a foot is the swimming pool they like to swim and for me to the feathers there was a small trail of bird poop
20190216_141047.jpg

thank you everybody who cares I could not sleep last night because I'm so worried about my other chickens and Cora Myrtle the other duck Myrtle is very lonely I've been thinking about re-housing her to a home that has other ducks and they love their ducks and they're safe I'm worried that Myrtle is not safe Penelope's friend I have been keeping the chickens in their run Myrtle is not happy in the Run and I'm working on buying a extension extension to the covered run they have

Do you think it was like a hawk ? She was down at the creek run around 1 to 5 this afternoon to this evening I feel really sad because I kept thinking I should go get them it was her friend Myrtle it Cayuga duck and she is a peaking there about 1 years old Myrtle survived the reason I looked around for Penelope because when I went outside to feed the chickens this evening Myrtle comes running down the pasture towards the house looking really afraid without Penelope and I knew something was wrong when I went to look for Penelope it was still daylight when we found Penelope dead on the gravel bar down at the creek she was found across the creek from where she usually go swimming not that far
I’d guess a fox or dog ... something that big. Poor dear.

thank you everybody who cares I could not sleep last night because I'm so worried about my other chickens and Cora Myrtle the other duck Myrtle is very lonely I've been thinking about re-housing her to a home that has other ducks and they love their ducks and they're safe I'm worried that Myrtle is not safe Penelope's friend I have been keeping the chickens in their run Myrtle is not happy in the Run and I'm working on buying a extension extension to the covered run they have
I’m not sure if this would work or even be something you would want to do, but if it were me I’d put Myrtle in a cage near the water and hide with a gun. I believe whatever killed poor Penelope will come back. You’d be doing everyone around there a favor in shooting this fowl killer. That’s my personal opinion. I’m in WV btw

Back
Top Bottom