What killed my ducks?

Could be possible! the most common i see in my woods is skunks raccoons and foxes but ever a mink!
Any of those would kill and eat a duck. Without a picture of the one with the hole in it, I couldnl't tell you if it looked like a mink attack or not. We don't see mink often either, but have lost chickens to them.

Any of those would kill and eat a duck. Without a picture of the one with the hole in it, I couldnl't tell you if it looked like a mink attack or not. We don't see mink often either, but have lost chickens to them.
sorry for the lack of information i didn’t botherint examine the ducks, i only saw them when discovering them and made someone take care of the bodies but when we buried the massive duck (dino) a fox dug it out

Sorry - I wasn't clear. I was referring to the one that was "killed without getting eaten".
From what I understand from the first post, however, the OP hadn't seen their ducks in about a week. A 1-2 pound animal could polish off a duck in that amount of time.
I read it as the OP lost the ducks a week after chasing off a coon.

Well, you've certainly presented an interesting puzzle and I like playing detective. How about this. Your birds got shot and then local predators or dogs or something have been working on the carcasses. You say there is nothing left of Charlie but the head and spine so there is no evidence of what killed her. So no way of knowing if what killed her also ate her. Who knows. Sorry for your losses.

Back
Top Bottom