what kills in broad daylight, and leaves the bodies?*GRAPHIC PICS*

looks like a dog to me but i might be wrong. id be wary of your neighbors dogs. half lab/half pit = instant chicken and general bird killer. i had a chocolate lab/american pit and had to put him up because he liked to kill birds. he was smart and got out and killed 2 of my neighbors pygmy goats and is buried where he got shot
sad.png
. anyways with the lasb side they are hardwired to go after birds. when you couple that with the pitbulls aggressive nature its chicken genocide :%2

looks like a dog to me but i might be wrong. id be wary of your neighbors dogs. half lab/half pit = instant chicken and general bird killer. i had a chocolate lab/american pit and had to put him up because he liked to kill birds. he was smart and got out and killed 2 of my neighbors pygmy goats and is buried where he got shot
sad.png
. anyways with the lasb side they are hardwired to go after birds. when you couple that with the pitbulls aggressive nature its chicken genocide
sad.png

Quote:
reading that, it sounds like a fox, I'm wondering if it might have been a younger one...VA has a high rabies count with foxes, wich worries me, if it was rabid, it might have gone after the dogs, and Knowing Sidney, he would have fought back, and though he would have killed the thing,where would that have led him.
hit.gif

when you couple that with the pitbulls aggressive nature its chicken genocide sad.

while I agree that ANY dog can and would kill a chicken, we have two pit mixes, Sidney is a Blue Tick H2ound x pit he has a VERY high prey drive, but he allows the chickens within inches from him, and doesn't bat an eye, WHEN he does get up to chasing them, he doesn't try to catch them, he simply likes scaring the gizzards outta them LOL, he likes to run a wide circle around them and then trip them up with his lead, he HAS pinned one before, but got a peck on the nose, so he doesn't try to pin them anymore.

Winnie is a Pit x Sheperd, she's the same, she lets the chickens run around "her" tree, and only chases them when they get moving too fast, but has never killed one.

so as far as "the pit bull agressiveness," it depends on the dog.

but like I said, our poms would probably chase the chickens, if they could LOL​

Last edited:
It looks as if it was a weasel. They ring the neck of the chickens.
Sorry about your birds.

Not sure how your coop setup is but a nice foot hold trap would maybe catch your problem so that you know what your dealing with.
I have trail camera set up.

Back
Top Bottom