What kind do i have?

I'm not leaping to EE, although they are a mix of (hopefully) Ameraucana or Araucana over any other breed, so vary a lot in standard....BUT

EE's typically have green legs and beards and muffs, and the chick on the left in photo 1 has none of those things.

It is really hard to see the comb, but at its height, I'm also not seeing a pea comb...I think it may be single? (Need better photo to really tell).

That's another strike against the likelihood of EE as "most" EE's will have pea combs, although they could have a single.

So without knowing the background, and with the idea the EE's *could* look like almost anything, I don't leap to EE because most *should* have pea comb, green legs, beards and muffs.

Having said what it isn't, then what is it?

Where did you get them? Typical feed store with normal layer types? or from a hatchery normal layer types? Or specialty types?

If that is a single comb, I think it could be a Partridge Rock or possibly a Banevelder. What color was it as a chick?

Three week old Partridge Rock (from the Feathersite)
PartridgeRocks3wks.JPEG

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Rocks/BRKRocks.html

Barnevelder from the Feathersite
http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Barnev/BRKBarnev.html

Kinda hard to really guess on some since the combs are hard to see--and hard to tell the size.

The top two seem to have rosecombs and partridge-ish coloring. Could they be Redcaps?

Black bird with yellow skin & dark shanks. Black Sex Link? Jersey Giant? - Pullet

4. Production Red - Cockerel

Hmmmm...I wouldn't think those breeds, if we are looking at the others...

1. Partridge Rock (left) and White Rock ? (right, but no red ear lobe...doesn't look like a White Leghorn though) hard to see combs...need better photo of both...if that is a cushion comb, they might be Chanteclers.

2. Hard to tell in lighting, could be a number of things, even a Production Red...however if that is indication of true penciling/partridging, may be another Partridge Rock, but honestly looks more Production Red than anything, at their mottley stage.

3. May be a Barred Rock or a Black Sex Link...might be an Australorp...could be Jersey Giant...does it have yellow feet pads? Did it have a white dot on its head as a chick?

4. RIR or Production Red, and I'm not seeing a cockeral, at least not yet...how old? RIR/Production Red roo's get large combs pretty early.

Lady of McCamley

Hmmmm...I wouldn't think those breeds, if we are looking at the others...

1. Partridge Rock (left) and White Rock ? (right, but no red ear lobe...doesn't look like a White Leghorn though) hard to see combs...need better photo of both...if that is a cushion comb, they might be Chanteclers.

2. Hard to tell in lighting, could be a number of things, even a Production Red...however if that is indication of true penciling/partridging, may be another Partridge Rock, but honestly looks more Production Red than anything, at their mottley stage.

3. May be a Barred Rock or a Black Sex Link...might be an Australorp...could be Jersey Giant...does it have yellow feet pads? Did it have a white dot on its head as a chick?

4. RIR or Production Red, and I'm not seeing a cockeral, at least not yet...how old? RIR/Production Red roo's get large combs pretty early.

Lady of McCamley
x2

Back
Top Bottom