what kind is this? and did she lay this egg?

im sticken with a meatie . I have one that lays eggs . Maybe yours is meat bird/white leghorn mix giving it the floppy comb ?

Is she reall heavy ?

i have a meat hen that lays big bouble yolkers . I got her as a chick last September !! I have always just fed her like a normal chicken an she has done fine .

Last edited:
Yes, this is a cornish cross. I would prettty much expect this type of laying behavior from her. They are not genetically created to be a layers, as they are not expected to make it to that age.

She weight a good solid 10 lbs. she seem to being laying 3-6 mostly shell less eggs then next soft shell a day.
with this (I assume) pink one and two huge one to start. I feed layer mix with oyster.

I bought her as a Cornish rock hen. She is the only one of them who is making it but she never acted like the rest. she can and does keep up to the rest of my hens. Although this is the one Mel the mallard really seems to like. She seem to eat more then the others. She can fly for short distances.

So what is the final say? cornish rock and what?

and what is the oldest cornish rock mix live?

What do you mean? "Cornish rock and what"??

Cornish X/ Broiler/ Meat bird/ Cornish Rock is technically all the same terms used to describe a bird that is bred for meat. It's amazing that you got her to live this long.

Its is really not that hard, especially since she is more than likely from a hatchery line, which are totally different from the broilers you and I are used to. Raising them to laying age is done mostly by restricting feed I think, with a side of exercise.

Back
Top Bottom