What kind of a chicken person are you? With a poll.

What kind of chicken person are you?

• A person who raises chickens as pets and eye candy.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • A person who raises chickens for eggs and/or meat.

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • A person who raises chickens to show in competitions.

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
I can kinda see Bullitt's confusion.
are you angry?

Not really.
My point being they actually function as one for me, both together were the primary reason for the chickens. As there was no place to check that as one I was just stating the fact. It kinda gets me when someone come along trying to be a smart_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.
I saw no reason for posting such.

I'm probably in the minority on this board in that I keep my birds for only practical reasons. I suspect that most folks would answer yes to at least two of the three categories.

I'm probably in the minority on this board in that I keep my birds for only practical reasons. I suspect that most folks would answer yes to at least two of the three categories.

I am sure that is true, because most people who want eggs, for example, will admit that chickens are entertaining to watch.

It is almost a tie between "A person who raises chickens as pets and eye candy" and "A person who raises chickens for eggs and/or meat."

There have been 34 votes cast. I think I will call it at 50 votes.

Then you would vote for eggs and meat, it seems.

Do you get dual-purpose chickens for meat, or do you get purely meat birds?

Right now I have 4 buff orpingtons,1 cinnamon queen and 1 silver lace for eggs. In spring time I will order 15 cornish x cross for meat.
I did vote for egg and/or meat.

Right now I have 4 buff orpingtons,1 cinnamon queen and 1 silver lace for eggs. In spring time I will order 15 cornish x cross for meat.
I did vote for egg and/or meat.

Those Cornish Cross are a little strange to me. They only live a couple months or less, they can't breed naturally if allowed to live, and if you feed them too much their legs will give out and their hearts can give out.

I think I would just order White Plymouth Rock roosters for meat birds. They take a little longer than the Cornish Cross to grow, but you don't have to worry about them killing themselves by eating too much. :)

Those Cornish Cross are a little strange to me. They only live a couple months or less, they can't breed naturally if allowed to live, and if you feed them too much their legs will give out and their hearts can give out.

I think I would just order White Plymouth Rock roosters for meat birds. They take a little longer than the Cornish Cross to grow, but you don't have to worry about them killing themselves by eating too much. :)

Good advice,TY. I am new at raising birds so that is good to know. This will be my first time and want to do it right.

Back
Top Bottom