What kind of bait....

Sardines Work Great For Me.Vanilla soaked Sponges Work Good To I Have Traped Many Many Coons And Many Predators With These Two Baits Give It A Try.

molasses is a really good bait for coons I use it daily in town to capture them and not attract companion animals for coon the mini marshmallows add eye appeal should you lose any chooks the feathers and what is left is the best bait, you need to check your wildlife laws about using" exposed bait". oily fish such as jack mackerel or trout or sardines are good to but you will start to catch the feral cats in your neighbor hood . possums will eat anything you would normally throw away as bad . right now most animals are eating wild fruit all naturally occurring such as mulberry trees persimmon wild grapes blackberries when these food sources die off then they start hunting if they run across an easy meal they do not turn it down.

Those are all really good tips! Thanks to all! What about ground hogs? I've got them EVERYWHERE! I see them daily. What are they attracted to? Are they a danger to my chickies?

The best I've found for most predators is tuna. As far as Groundhogs, Good luck getting that into the trap. The only danger to chickens is if they dig under the fence & the chickens escape. Not a chicken predator.

Quote:
Cool beans! Thanks to all of you for your quick and helpfull replies!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom