What kind of bird is this?

If this is a wild duck and not domestic, check your state laws. It may be a protected species, in which case you'll need to hand it over to a wildlife rehabilitator.

Best of luck to you and your little one!

If this is a wild duck and not domestic, check your state laws. It may be a protected species, in which case you'll need to hand it over to a wildlife rehabilitator.

Best of luck to you and your little one!
Ok. Yours may be one of them. If so it might be a good idea to look up laws for owning wild ducks.

Alright, I️ will. I️ might just give it to a friend who is a rehabilitator anyways bc I️ don’t have any friends for it to snuggle with.
Thank you both!

Yup, 100% a domestic duckling. It actually looks like some sort of swedish duck mix to me. There must be some domestic ducks hiding out there, lol.
Being domestic it's legal to have, so you could sell it or buy a friend for it and keep it too.

To me it looks 100% domestic.

@MGG

Yup, 100% a domestic duckling. It actually looks like some sort of swedish duck mix to me. There must be some domestic ducks hiding out there, lol.
Being domestic it's legal to have, so you could sell it or buy a friend for it and keep it too.
Awesome, I️ found out there was a runner/hookbill cross and a buff crested at the lake so I️ think y’all are right. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom