What kind of breed is this hen?

BigBirdy

Songster
6 Years
Feb 28, 2015
I have one, but I forgot the breed she is. Saipan Jungle Fowl? She is the tamest hen I ever had out of keeping 40+ chickens. She's not scared of me and rushes my pant leg every time she sees me.

M.png

h.png

Attachments

• M.png
    M.png
    417.7 KB · Views: 3
I have one, but I forgot the breed she is. Saipan Jungle Fowl? She is the tamest hen I ever had out of keeping 40+ chickens. She's not scared of me and rushes my pant leg every time she sees me.

M.png

h.png

I think they are gorgeous looking hens. The males are okay but the females are something special imo.
They don't have a reputation here for being particularly human friendly which might be an issue for some. Good to read that you've found yours friendly enough.

They don't have a reputation here for being particularly human friendly which might be an issue for some. Good to read that you've found yours friendly enough.
That's what the pet shop employee told me but thank goodness I wasn't deterred by that. I think the hens look better than the roosters too, but you have to get them young in order for them to bond with you, and since they can't be sexed as chicks you have a 50% chance it can be male. I'm happy the one I picked turned out to be female.

Back
Top Bottom