What kind of chicken is this???

philde04

Hatching
5 Years
May 20, 2014
Virginia

This chicken wandered into my yard today. Does anyone know what breed this is?? I have her separated from my chickens for now to make sure she's not sick and to acclimate them to each other.

Welcome to BYC!
The bird appears to have some bearding - but the photo is not all that clear. From the overall pattern and the bearding, I would peg it as a young cockerel with EE breeding.

This was the only other one I got of it. Unfortunately, something got a hold of its tail feathers before it made its way to my house. Hoping is not a cockerel!!!

This was the only other one I got of it. Unfortunately, something got a hold of its tail feathers before it made its way to my house. Hoping is not a cockerel!!!

If the bird in the photo is one of your flock you do not have the birds separated in a way that will prevent any sort of transmission of disease the new cockerel may be carrying. Only noting as you had made mention in the first post of having him separated for that reason. To prevent transmission the distance between the enclosures for each group must be much greater - in this photo the birds might as well be in the same pen with regards to disease prevention.

Back
Top Bottom