What kind of chickens are these?

Kerika1013

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2017
I am a new chicken owner and despite much time spent online researching, I don't know what kind of chickens I have. They are about 4 and half weeks old. Any ideas? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    680.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    799.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5211.JPG
    IMG_5211.JPG
    826.6 KB · Views: 9
Not sure....where did you buy them.
You do see you have at least one boy, right?

Welcome to BYC.

Not sure....where did you buy them.
You do see you have at least one boy, right?

Welcome to BYC.
I am an elementary school teacher and a colleague of mine hatched them in her classroom for 3rd graders. She needed to find homes for them and...I volunteered. I've had them for about a month now and so far its so much fun! I guess she did not know what kind they were either.

Where I live we are only allowed to keep 3 hens in the yard, so sadly I will eventually need to find a new home for the boy.

Do you see which one I am referring too?
The one that is way more red in the comb.

Chickens are wonderfully pets!
They are a hoot to watch grow up and just wait until you get the first egg!

Do you see which one I am referring too?
The one that is way more red in the comb.
Yea! He is a bit bigger than the other two and has black feathers also growing on his neck. His "waddles?" (is that what it's called?) -the pinkish red area emerging from his neck-is growing quickly! Out of the other two, one has a jagged looking yellow area growing above the beak and one has nothing at all. I am hoping those two will be hens.

Chickens are wonderfully pets!
They are a hoot to watch grow up and just wait until you get the first egg!
Thank you! I am very excited about keeping them and learning more and more about them. I do notice how they have little personalities. I invested in what I think is a nice coop and we have plenty of space in the yard. I'm so excited for eggs! They seem like a lot of fun!

Back
Top Bottom