What kind of chicks are they?

ADalton655

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2018
Hello! I’m new to the site. I recently purchased 3 baby chicks for our “Backyard Farm” and am anxious to find out what kind I got! My daughter picked them out. Two little yellow ones and this one little black one. I have been looking online at different breeds, but all the little yellow ones look so similar! Can anyone help identify this little cutie?!

Attachments

• EAA4C257-0FE3-4D01-904C-6CB888432ADE.png
    EAA4C257-0FE3-4D01-904C-6CB888432ADE.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
They came from Tractor Supply. Went in to get a new cage for my oldest daughter’s 4-H rabbits, and left with baby chicks for the youngest. Here’s one of the yellow one.

Attachments

• AC303277-5BFC-4D0A-A17C-A17AE03AA8A3.jpeg
    AC303277-5BFC-4D0A-A17C-A17AE03AA8A3.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 17
I'd guess australorp and orpington. Did they have any sort of labels? What is their brooder setup? What are you feeding them? Do they have a heat source and water? Are you prepared to build a predator proof coop for them? And :welcome

View attachment 1294580 No labels. Right now they are set up in the top part of this hutch. I added extra wire on it to keep predators out. It has a ramp but I have it closed so they can’t go down there. It’s just on the patio for right now to help keep warm. Once they get a little bigger we will move them to the grass, and get a bigger coop. I have a heat lamp on them. They have food, id have to go look at the exact name but it was the chick start they recommended. And yes have water.

Last edited:
View attachment 1294580 No labels. Right now they are set up in the top part of this hutch. I added extra chicken wire on it to keep predators out. It has a ramp but I have it closed so they can’t go down there. It’s just on the patio for right now to help keep warm. I have a heat lamp on them. They have food, id have to go look at the exact name but it was the chick start they recommended. And yes have water.
I can't see the hutch pic attachment. Chicken wire isn't predator proof. Hardware cloth is more so.

Back
Top Bottom