What kind of chicks do I have??

Estvns

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Hi all,

I got my first set of chicks last week and was wondering if anyone could tell what kind i have?! Thanks!!

D.gif
Welcome to BYC!!!
D.gif

Where did you get them?

Thanks!! I got them from a local lady..it was a random mix of eggs including rir, black/red stars, copper marans and ameraucanas.

Hm, then you could have some Wheaten Ameraucanas (pics 1-3) and a Blue Ameraucana (4th pic down)--though I am surprised to see purebred Ameraucanas as it's not common to receive these even from breeders--, some red stars (from what I see of the red ones in the bottom pic), and maybe an Australorp (the black one in the bottom pic). Those are just my guesses, maybe others will chime in!

I picked them out thinking maybe they were red/black stars but as they grow Im beginning to wonder. Not that it matters...Im just curious! The ones in the bottom pic are the same ones in the first three..there backs are very red but there wings look like wheaten ameraucanas? Thanks for your help! :0)

I picked them out thinking maybe they were red/black stars but as they grow Im beginning to wonder. Not that it matters...Im just curious! The ones in the bottom pic are the same ones in the first three..there backs are very red but there wings look like wheaten ameraucanas? Thanks for your help! :0)

Hm, then I think you're right, too red for Wheaten Ameraucanas. A lot of red sex links or production reds will feather in that light color and then later get darker, I'm just thrown off by the combs. They're cute regardless
smile.png

Thanks for all your help!! l'll post some more pics as they grow. :0)

Do you think the black/blue ones could still be an ameraucana??

We got our first chicks on April 16th (day old). They guy told me they are Rock white/RIR mix, but if I can I'd like to find out. I don't really care what they are, just curious! LOL Sorry for so many, but I put their day old pics, a few days old, and 1 week lol. What can I say, I love my chickies LOL

1 week old

about 2 days old

A few days old I think

1 week old

1 Day old

1 week old

Back
Top Bottom