What kind of comb is this chick getting?

That’s odd. You didn’t have any birds with a V-comb at that time?
That's what I was told she was 😬 We can debate on if that's right or not because the lady had many birds. She definitely has the Marans in her because she has white skin and massive size. She did have soft, fluffy feathers unlike Marans with their hard feathers from her other breed however. I honestly can't think of a v-comb breed that would result in a bird that looks quite like her, but I wouldn't rule it out I suppose. She was completely uncrested so I assumed it was unlikely that she had crested parents (as most v-combed birds are). Can split combs not occur from two single combed parents? Here are some better pics of her
67BE5DB2-2029-4742-83A8-B96584FB968F.jpeg
1E771936-5686-40B9-ABF9-E0A26382E810.jpeg

That's what I was told she was 😬 We can debate on if that's right or not because the lady had many birds. She definitely has the Marans in her because she has white skin and massive size. She did have soft, fluffy feathers unlike Marans with their hard feathers from her other breed however. I honestly can't think of a v-comb breed that would result in a bird that looks quite like her, but I wouldn't rule it out I suppose. She was completely uncrested so I assumed it was unlikely that she had crested parents (as most v-combed birds are). Can split combs not occur from two single combed parents? Here are some better pics of herView attachment 2548171View attachment 2548172
I’ve never seen a split comb come from two single combed parents, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen. However, I do doubt that she’s half d’uccle, as she has unfeathered feet and lacks a beard. Is she significantly smaller than your other standard sized chickens?
My guess is that she’s a second generation mix, with a V combed bird somewhere in there. Or she could be a la flèche mix.
If you scroll down on this website you’ll see a polish x leghorn rooster with a split single comb, to show you what I’m talking about https://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/ChickMixG/BRKMixed2.html.

Back
Top Bottom