What kind of coop bedding do you use?

What kind of coop bedding do you use?

• Hay/straw

• Pine shavings

• Sawdust

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Inside the coop, I put pine shavings. Outside, on the concrete (my coop is built in an old dog run, which is partially on a concrete pad) I put down soft straw. So far my birds seem very happy with the 'new' setup. I say new, since the coop was only finished a week and a half ago, and the birds are 6 wks old.

Hi, when do you sprinkle DE? everyday?once a week? Month? I'm starting to try this method.

I do it when I do a full bedding clean out, that is usually every couple of weeks it seems. I pull the shavings out, put some DE on the plywood flooring and then put shavings over that. Then I put a small amount sprinkled on the shavings and mix it up a bit. You dont want to make it really dusty in there because that will be bad for the chickens.

Also RodNTN, how do you make it say under your name "Ayana Cemani Lover"?[/QUOTE]
Just go on you're profile, click on "Personal Details" and just type what you want in the section "Custom Title".[/QUOTE]

Only premium members have this option.

Sand. Easy to clean poops off every day. River sand is better than crushed sand because it's less dusty. Unfortunately, I can't find river sand.

I may experiment with sawdust, but I suspect that may hold moisture.

Back
Top Bottom