what kind of duck is my duckling ?? 0.0

Ho and one more thing ..... if i can't get a scovy, should i get any other duck for company or should i wait?????

really appreciate the advice, ty

ok, there is a 2 months old pekin on sale nearby... is it ok or to old for my 5 weeks old scovy???

ok, there is a 2 months old pekin on sale nearby... is it ok or to old for my 5 weeks old scovy???
Well it may take a few days before they accept each other but it may work, you'll just have to put them together when you can watch just in case the pekin wants to pick. Maybe not let them sleep together until you are sure the biggest won't hurt the lil one. Which would mean you'd need to brooders for a few days. Most likely they will warm up to each other pretty quick.

this is a six to eight week old baby scovy as its feathering and size says its a hen. i would stick with scovys if bread with anything else the babies will be mules and not fertile..

they said the Peking is a hen, trusting they are right i guess is OK for 2 girls to be together... or will i need 2 drakes for them to be happy?? just wandering before i make a decision... anyway is the only youngster i found so i guess is better 2 than one.
I was thinking mine was a male 'cause it seats a lot.... but i don't even remember were i got that idea, maybe they both can seat a lot.

i will give another search to the city before buying. ( they ask for 10dlls for the pekin, i think is cheap... is it?)

they said the Peking is a hen, trusting they are right i guess is OK for 2 girls to be together... or will i need 2 drakes for them to be happy?? just wandering before i make a decision... anyway is the only youngster i found so i guess is better 2 than one.
I was thinking mine was a male 'cause it seats a lot.... but i don't even remember were i got that idea, maybe they both can seat a lot.

i will give another search to the city before buying. ( they ask for 10dlls for the pekin, i think is cheap... is it?)
unless you are wanting to breed your ducks and sell ducklings to make money which not everyone wants to do, including me. Having 2 ducks or a duck and drake is fine, it won't matter if they have offspring that are sterile, it will help curb the over population of ducks. It's up to you which breed you get i have heard Pekin make wonderful pets as do Scovies.

Ok. so i got the duck today, everything is going fine with the introductions, but I'm worry 'cause the new duck breaths weird, i can hear her breathing, and her chest moves to much... maybe it's just stress or maybe is normal, but i don't know... it had a very dirty bill when i got her, like if she didn't have a place to clean her bill, and she was all dirty, i offer her water for a bath a she look like it was the first time she had access to so much water.... other than the breathing she looks fine, and she is adorable, we name her "Cristina"

i upload a video so you can give me opinions. Ty.

Ok. so i got the duck today, everything is going fine with the introductions, but I'm worry 'cause the new duck breaths weird, i can hear her breathing, and her chest moves to much... maybe it's just stress or maybe is normal, but i don't know... it had a very dirty bill when i got her, like if she didn't have a place to clean her bill, and she was all dirty, i offer her water for a bath a she look like it was the first time she had access to so much water.... other than the breathing she looks fine, and she is adorable, we name her "Cristina"

i upload a video so you can give me opinions. Ty.

Could just be stress, give her a chance to bathe and have some good quality feed maybe some poultry vits. Looks like she is pretty young looking at her wings, bless her heart sounds like she will have a wonderful home and I saw your other duckling, they will be best friends in no time. Christina is a sweet name too. As far as dirty bill, most of mine at any given time have dirty bills they love to root. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom