What kind of duck is this?

cestial225

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013

I bought eggs at a farmers market and stuck half in my incubator thinking they were all chicken eggs. Well this one egg hatched a week late and it is def not a chicken lol. He is 8 weeks old now. What kind of duck is this and how do you sex a duck?

Thats a blue swedish! I have 2 of them. Blue swedish are very hard to tell what they are. Wait until hmm i dont know 6 months or however long and if they get a curled feather (s) on there tail its a boy. :)

Looks like a Black Swedish to me
cool.png

DEFINATELY a black swedish. I have one myself. You won't be able to tell the sex yet. If he or she is pretty quiet, chances are its a boy. If its loud, you could go with girl, but you will never know for sure until it does or doesn't start laying. I don't know when they start laying, as I have two boys.

This duck is crazy loud. It complains like crazy if its chicken hatch mate goes more than three feet away from him lol. I can hear his quacking over my roosters in the morning haha

This duck is crazy loud. It complains like crazy if its chicken hatch mate goes more than three feet away from him lol. I can hear his quacking over my roosters in the morning haha

Aww how sweet, do you like ducks? maybe get this one a couple friends once you find out if it's male or female but if it is quacking loud it must be a girl. Sure is pretty

I do like ducks but at the moment I don't have anywhere separate to keep them so this one is living with the chickens. It seems happy. If I could keep a pair of ducks with the chickens I might consider hatching another one.

I'm thinking if it's quacking loudly at this age, then it's a girl, but if it's still peeping, then it's probably hard to tell what gender it is at this time. It's a black Swedish duckling.

If its a girl, then you don't have to worry about keeping it with the chickens, but you don't want to keep boy ducks with chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom