what kind of duck will i get?!!! *with pics*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stumble_n_mumble, Aug 30, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    hey guys... i just caught my lav/silver/blue female runner mating with my black swedishxmallard drake!!!! WHAT KIND OF MUTT WILL THAT BE! LMAO! just thought id share.... the babies hopefully won't be ugly! HA HA

the male Bam Bam

the female Pebbles!
  2. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    I don't know, but I asure you that you will love them even if they are ugly!
  3. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    you got that rright! lol except i can't keep anymore im over the "town limit"
  4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Where I live, we've got some runner-mallard hybrids and they actually come out quite nice. They're colored like the mallard, but most of the body plan is runner with not so much a high stance and a little longer in the wings. I have a thread of "interesting ducks at my local lake" and the last photo I posted was of such a hybrid. In your case, it will probably be a darker and more solid color.
  5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Town Limit???? Who counts.... I have a limit of ten...but SSSHHHH Current count after the newest three just hatched is 39!!! Most of them are babies still inside the house- but they all sure keep me busy lately. Genetics are a funny thing- sometimes the last thing you expect is what you get - especially when you dont know the breeding behind the ducks.. Body wise you will get something that locks like a very fat heavy Runner.
  6. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    As far as the color, I can tell you that all of the babies would (most likely) be Blue Bibbed and Black Bibbed.

I have some Runner crosses that are really pretty. They don't end up weird-looking at all. [​IMG]
    This picture isn't great, but this guy's a Runner x Dutch Hookbill cross. Interestingly, he ended up being about 7 pounds, whereas both of his parents are right around 4 pounds! You'll have to excuse the muddy ground - it's been such a wet summer here!

7. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan

I love him. Just adore him.
    What is his name?
    He is so handsome, and looks like no other duck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by