What kind of duck will this duckling turn out to be?

L.L Farm

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
Maine
Hi all,
I recently orders 15 ducklings from the local farm store, and I ended up getting the assorted mixture because it was cheaper, and I got 2 breeds. I got 5 pekins, 6 rouens ( gave me a free one for ordering 15), then 5 more of the other breed. I used to breed way back when but never had ducklings this color. When I first looked at them I thought they were all Pekins except for the Rouens, then I looked closer and realized that they had grey on their heads? I don't have picture because the camera is not working at the moment. But there the same size as everyone else, they are yellow, with a little grey on the top of their heads and a little bit of grey shading on the body.

I've been trying to look up pictures on these guys but can't find any.

thanks for the help! :)

Not that I am noticing.... I've seen Indian Runners in pictures before, and they are not standing more upright than the other. I found a picture that looked like their coloring, but the picture is of geese. The Emden gooslings look a lot like the ducklings I have... but I ordered an assorted duck mixture? And there not that big either, there all 3 days old and are all about the same size.

Back
Top Bottom