What kind of ducks are these?!

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
I was exploring my college campus and I found this small flock of ducks. They’re very small and don’t really quack. They almost make like a duckling noise but apparently they’ve been here for awhile because my student mentor also had pictures of the ducks. Any idea what kind of babies these are?
E0D509D7-052B-4EBE-9487-E4207156DC21.jpeg
437072FD-3185-4C83-95DF-F9E8E866D69E.jpeg
6F55810B-5C88-4693-8704-2A9C03805D6B.jpeg

They're beautiful!

They look like musvovis to me too. Do you think they're dumped pets?
I guess it’s possible but apparently ducks aren’t new to the campus. I seriously doubt they’re dumped seeing that I don’t think the gatehouse would let them enter with ducks? They’re pretty tame, but that’s not unusual for the wildlife on my campus.

I guess it’s possible but apparently ducks aren’t new to the campus. I seriously doubt they’re dumped seeing that I don’t think the gatehouse would let them enter with ducks? They’re pretty tame, but that’s not unusual for the wildlife on my campus.
I know of lots of people who have snuck pets onto campus.
If they were dumped, they were probably bought as babies and kept in a dorm room until the owner realized how much work they are and that they need lots of space (among many more things that cannot be provided in that situation). And since many people do not understand the difference between wild and domestic ducks (especially the people who impulse buy live animals 🤦‍♀️) they were "released".

Back
Top Bottom