What kind of ducks do I have??

You keep a heat lamp on in 90 degree weather,THAT COULD KILL THEM!

Well aware, coop is big enough and has enough air flow it doesn't budge the temperature inside at all. Any heat is just what you get from being directly under it in the corner we made for it. With the addition of the fan we provided them they are good. Even sat in there myself for a few hours ;)

By all means though, if you have a better lighting solution I am 100% open to making it better for them.

Cut some windows in your house they need good ventilation year round even in Michigan Put many on the south side and one on the west up high so moisture can get out especially in winter. You can always close up some of the windows in winter but the one on the west up high needs to stay open. Windows on every side works best especially when extremely hot. That way they can get air flowing across .

Cut some windows in your house they need good ventilation year round even in Michigan Put many on the south side and one on the west up high so moisture can get out especially in winter. You can always close up some of the windows in winter but the one on the west up high needs to stay open. Windows on every side works best especially when extremely hot. That way they can get air flowing across .

Will work on that, they go completely nuts if it's dark, and will be all night yappin.

So, I started doing some research and I'm thinking my blue Swedish might be a drake. He has a darker head and a tint of green on his bill. Too young to have the curly feather yet so I'm not positive. How longer before they start to mate? I really don't want ducklings, only eggs to eat so I'll need to get rid of him before then if he is really not a she:)

So, I started doing some research and I'm thinking my blue Swedish might be a drake. He has a darker head and a tint of green on his bill. Too young to have the curly feather yet so I'm not positive. How longer before they start to mate? I really don't want ducklings, only eggs to eat so I'll need to get rid of him before then if he is really not a she:)

They probably won't mate until Spring. But if it is a drake you don't have to get rid of him. You can still eat the eggs. It's safe.

No need to get rid of your drake is he turns out to be a drake just take up the eggs daily. I have 2 drakes with my females and this year is strictly Birth control so eggs get taken up as soon as I open the doors in the morning. Most ducks lay early.

Back
Top Bottom