what kind of ducks?

chickyduck

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Oregon

I bought these from a lady who said they are a month old. They are smaller than my 4 week runner. Some look all black, some have striping by their eyes, some look gray, some look brown, some are black with white spots. Maybe they are a few different groups of hatchlings. She also gave me what she said was the mom which i believe is a dark khaki campbell

I see multiple breeds in that group. Can you possibly take a picture of each individual in question (or at least pics in groups of 2-4. They are so bunched up it is hard tell you what breeds you have.

Yes I will try. They are so skidish it's hard to get close. We have been trying to hand feed them for the last few days, I think they were never handled or interacted with by previous owner.

I see a couple Swedish (the two with white chests), a cayuga (the first on the left), maybe some rouens, and possibly a khaki campbell or 2. Their also might be some runners, but it is hard to tell from the pic.
Yes I will try. They are so skidish it's hard to get close. We have been trying to hand feed them for the last few days, I think they were never handled or interacted with by previous owner.
cool! yeah, i've had some ducklings like that, though at least they are ducklings...i've had some rescue ducks that were adults and really scared of humans, and it takes a long time to make they calm.

I have a blue sweedish, I love her. That would be nice if they were. The lady told me while I was packing them up that there might be some moscovys. What kind of ducks have sharp feet? Some of them scratch.

ducklings in general have sharp little claws, but as adults, it is the muscovys who have sharp claws. They are more of a tree duck and actually sometimes like to perch like a chicken. They are the only domestic duck that did not derive from the wild mallard. All other domestic ducks do. now that you mention it, i think i see the muscovys.

Back
Top Bottom