What kind of geese?

Seminole_al

Chirping
Sep 29, 2021
1000048090.jpg

Just looking for some help from the experts. They are very large, but idk exactly what kimd they are.

this is just a guess Im still pretty new at geese breed guessing lol but I think it looks like a mixed breed and could be a chinese mixed with a gray or gray and white goose such as toulouse or even a pilgrim

Thats always been my guess is that they are just mixed, they dont seem to have the knob that some of the others do
you’re right the knob isn’t a full knob . do you know what sex this goose is? ( looks male to me) and i’m just curious what is his/her temperament like?
with dogs, i ve heard that mixed breeds are nicer than purebreds.

Ive never seen them attmept to mate, and i got a lot of eggs last spring, so ive always assumed both were females. They have decent temperments. One is very bossy the other is pretty submissive, but they do occasionally get into fisticuffs. I had to have a come to Jesus meeting with the bossy one when i first got them because she would always bite me when i came kn the pen, but after that she leaves me alone, the rest of the family, she will make it known shes not fond of them being in there, but doesnt attack anymore.

They look a lot like my geese; Brown Chinese x Tolouse hybrids. The neck texture and orange bill comes from a Greylag-derived breed (eg. Tolouse) for sure, the rest from a Swan Goose derived breed (eg. Chinese). They are beautiful!!

1000023877.jpg
1000023875.jpg

They look a lot like my geese; Brown Chinese x Tolouse hybrids. The neck texture and orange bill comes from a Greylag-derived breed (eg. Tolouse) for sure, the rest from a Swan Goose derived breed (eg. Chinese). They are beautiful!!

View attachment 3656276View attachment 3656275
Thank you. Love your geese too. My geese are slowly becoming my fave part of my flock.

Back
Top Bottom