what kind of gifts are you giving this holiday season

My daughter is getting an electric bass guitar....she's wanted it for 2 years now. She's 12 so it's about time I suppose. The other kids are getting Razor scooters amongst numerous other toys. MIL and FIL are getting matching life jackets to match their jet skis, SIL is getting baking accessories cuz baking has been a new hobby for her and she's always calling me to borrow stuff so..... My sister is pregnant with her first baby so for her it's baby stuff!! My dad is getting $$ cuz he knows how to utilize that better than any gift I could pick out for him
wink.png
Hubby is getting gun stuff.... Normally we have a HUGE family get together and go crazy for Christmas, but my cousin is planning a wedding in Mexico-gotta love those destination weddings
roll.png
- so everyone is scrimping and saving for that. But that's been nice not having to buy gifts for everybody!!

Grandparents and a few others (my creative writing teacher, for one) are getting handmade ornaments, BFF is getting a collage of everything we've done together, a few BYCers (Shhhhh!!) are getting short stories I'm writing, as are my little siblings. Parents I'm still thinking about.
lol.png

The 12 year old wants a WII game and more BB reds. The 10 year old wants a butterscotch stuffed horse from TSC and a horseopoly game. The older kids I usually just give money because I never know what they really want. I bought the Grandbaby a leather Harley jacket and a camo coat. The wife wants a gift certificate to local outlet.
Plus we give toys out through our auction to needy children in our area, our max was the year before last at almost a thousand kids. That's my present to myself... seeing all their faces!
Everyone else in our family is getting a gift basket with Terra's homeade jellies, jams, soups, spaghetti sauce and cookies.

Because so much of my family is unemployed, there is an agreement not to give gifts this year, but just have dinner and dessert on Christmas day. However, I did get a small gift for some of my family members and will be baking and cooking some gifts for everyone else. I don't want to mention what the small gifts are because I don't know if they will be reading this thread.

(I spent the whole year saving money to buy xmas gifts, 10 dollars each week that I put into a book on a shelve cause I know winter time Dh gets laid off and money is super tight. as of right now they don't even know I had any money or that I even bought any gifts, so far Dh thinks we got our kids one gift each and what they got from the grandparents, we had some real hard xmas's the last few years and I really want to surprise them)

I bought Dh the 2011 big game hunters PS3 game to go along the PS3 Move system. for my 7yr old DD I bought her some board games, and colouring stuff, a lot of girlie stuff she really wanted like makeup and little holiday bottles of bubble bath, hair accessories, clothes, a tinkerbell mug set and a Ds game and a porcelain doll she really really wanted for above her dresser. Daddy is buying her an Mp3 and video player she has been asking for over a year so she can play her hannah montana and celina gomez music videos. the grandparents bought her a furreal walking pet and a zoo zoo pet.
for my little boy we got him some transformer robots, and an Iron man, some colouring stuff, and a woody and buzz mug set, daddy got him a lego train set. the gradnparents bought him a dinosaur set.

I have asked for bath soaps/salts and new pair of flannel xmas jammies or even a book would make me very happy. even something home made would make my day :) what I really want is a Keurig or an E-reader but my kids are young, money is tight and my Dh is not into shopping so I just give them easy cheap ideas!! I don't really care whether I even get a gift, I just want to watch them open their gifts :-D

Last edited:
Homemade to just about all except the kids. One got a sewing machine (been begging for two years) and the other got a super spy video watch and a printer. I am a huge stocking person so they will be stuffed full (I usually spend more on stocking than gifts)
The adults are getting doggy redwood planters.
Homemade jams and jellies along with some pottery items, either a bowl with ice cream toppers or a mug with homemade biscotti and a hot chocolate.
Homemade jerky.
beaded earrings, necklaces.
I make fudge usually 4 varieties, caramels. dipped pretzel rods, and cookies.
We try to keep the cost of materials under 10.00 per item and go with a theme, usually everyone enjoys their gifts!

Last edited:
I hope they like them also! I took a pottery class this fall and have been having fun since.

Last edited:
I love the mug as well! It would be fantastic to take a class to learn how to do that! I remember doing it in school (eons ago
wink.png
) and I love it! I think it's beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom