What kind of incubator is best for a small batch of quail?

Quote:
You previously posted quote: I beg to differ. My Hovabater is 3 years and still kicking. My brinsea is 10 months and not working...
"unqote"

Now you sare saying "I like my Brinsea" so if "it was not working" according to your post, now "you like it" even if it is not working?

If I bash aby product, I have tons of evidence to prove it.

All Brinsea bashing on this board is just a hot air, no evidence and no proof. Most people bashing Brinsea bators never owned one, they were just jelous, dissapointed and ticked since they bought other brands in many cases junk.

Most of other small bators including all styrobators are junk.

Cabinet bators (Sportsmen, Dickey) are great, but not everyone needs a capacity of hundreds of eggs.

The fact is Brinsea offers 2 years warranty and excellent customer service speaks for itself.

And a fact you are not going to get warranty like this from any styrobator manufacturer/seller speaks for itself too.

There is a reason for it.

Quote:
You previously posted quote: I beg to differ. My Hovabater is 3 years and still kicking. My brinsea is 10 months and not working...
"unqote"

Now you sare saying "I like my Brinsea" so if "it was not working" according to your post, now "you like it" even if it is not working?

If I bash aby product, I have tons of evidence to prove it.

All Brinsea bashing on this board is just a hot air, no evidence and no proof. Most people bashing Brinsea bators never owned one, they were just jelous, dissapointed and ticked since they bought other brands in many cases junk.

Most of other small bators including all styrobators are junk.

Cabinet bators (Sportsmen, Dickey) are great, but not everyone needs a capacity of hundreds of eggs.

The fact is Brinsea offers 2 years warranty and excellent customer service speaks for itself.

And a fact you are not going to get warranty like this from any styrobator manufacturer/seller speaks for itself too.

There is a reason for it.

She said that she likes Brinsea, not that she likes her non-functional Brinsea. Everyone has their own preferences and opinions about the different incubators. Not everyone has the extra time to send in their stuff to be fixed after it breaks, it gets put on the to-do list and ends up sitting around the house. I know I have plenty of stuff that falls into that category.

It's ok to be passionate about a product that you love, but you can't attack other people for not loving it too. There are people who love their styrobators just as much as you love your Brinsea and they have the right to share their opinion without making it personal.

Quote:
WELL NOW YOU SEE PDB THAT STATEMENT SHOWS YOUR LACK OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS WORLD.... AS THE BRINSEA THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER THAN THE "CHEAP STYRO INCUBATOR" YOU'RE REFERRING TOO.
smile.png
AND THEIR SHIPPING TO YOU IN ORLANDO IS CHEAP AND FAST SINCE THEY ARE LOCATED IN COCOA BEACH, FL.

I might upgrade some day but I have hatched and eaten and sold hundreds of quail, coturnix , bobs ,valleys gambels, chukars , silkies a coupla RIR and EE this season with a used hova bator and 2 homegrown incys I have only used the HB the last month and a half ( I am only hatching quail right now) oh yea I also had a coupla chicken hatches in the middle of it the secret for me is get them working and leave them alone I thought the learning curve on my styro was really short / easy. I might get a "Good one" someday but right now it ain,t broke
smile.png
good luck to all trying to learn to hatch !! read all you can find and hatch and hatch and hatch and learn
smile.png

Quote:
WELL NOW YOU SEE PDB THAT STATEMENT SHOWS YOUR LACK OF EXPERIENCE IN THIS WORLD.... AS THE BRINSEA THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IS ACTUALLY CHEAPER THAN THE "CHEAP STYRO INCUBATOR" YOU'RE REFERRING TOO.
smile.png
AND THEIR SHIPPING TO YOU IN ORLANDO IS CHEAP AND FAST SINCE THEY ARE LOCATED IN COCOA BEACH, FL.

I'm getting intrigued by this Brinsea Eco 20. How is it for hatching, or do you have to relocate the eggs to a different set-up?

I heard the brinsea eco20 is great. I think they can hatch in there as well. Pretty sure they can as in all the brinseas. The one I have, the turner malfunctioned a few days ago so I am a bit disappointed. The brand is general is great. Just doesn't work for me at the moment. It will probable work for Chickenrandomness for a small batch.

Well, the LG is a perfectly good, cheap incubator if you are dry hatching chickens. With modifications, and a willingness to fill small compartments with water 2 times a day, or uses sponges that you need to wet 2-3 times a day...you can incubate quail. Hatching quail in there is a total nightmare, and why I hatch my eggs in a homemade hatcher, with no thermostat.

IMHO, an incubator is nothing more than $2 worth of plastic or Styrofoam, a $2 fan, and a $10 thermostat.....nothing more.
big_smile.png

Edit follows....

Oops, I forgot about the $2 heat source....$16-$25 tops! Incubators are the hands down greatest markups for profit, just short of the ophthalmic market and lawyers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom