What kind of marans is this?

Leigti

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 22, 2015
Walla Walla WA
The feed store told me this Susie marans but I don't know what type. Any ideas? She is about six or seven weeks old.

Cuckoo Marans at about 2 weeks of age.

And watch that comb. It is already looking more pronounced and red at the base.

Marans roos often telecast very early with large combs that redden by 4 weeks of age.

LofMc

I will try to get an updated picture tomorrow. Interesting what everybody is saying about ages. I got them on February 24 and was told they were three weeks old then. I took t The above picture on March 7.
Thank you everybody for telling me what type of marans it is. Maybe tomorrow we can try to confirm if it's male or female. People have told me it is female.

If that chick it truly that old, my first thought is you're keeping them too warm, causing them to feather out slowly. A chick that age should be fully feathered and ready to go outside.

If that chick it truly that old, my first thought is you're keeping them too warm, causing them to feather out slowly. A chick that age should be fully feathered and ready to go outside. 

I stopped using the heat lamp lightbulb right about the time I took that picture. They were under a heat lamp at the store of course. They are outside now.

Back
Top Bottom