What kind of mesh/fencing will protect my garden from wild animals?

can't find a frame that fits my dimensions well, but I found one that would fit well enough, I just need to make it a few feet wider (the hoops disconnect in the middle so I'll just put "spacers" between them to make it wider).
Those metal greenhouse frames are usually made with galvanized pipe. Its no different than galvanized fence posts, which you can find at big box hardware stores, usually right by the chicken writte and hardware cloth along with other fencing supplies. A hacksaw or angle grinder with a cut-off disk will come in handy to get it top just the right length.

Those metal greenhouse frames are usually made with galvanized pipe. Its no different than galvanized fence posts, which you can find at big box hardware stores, usually right by the chicken writte and hardware cloth along with other fencing supplies. A hacksaw or angle grinder with a cut-off disk will come in handy to get it top just the right length.
Thanks! Yeah, I love those fence parts. Already using them in the garden as support structures. If they have narrower pipes, I'll definitely use that to add to the frame (the standard ones are too wide and heavy and may weigh the structure down, since they'll be at the top...)

I have an 8ft tall 2"x4" welded wire fence around the perimeter of my garden with 2 gates. We have a great deer population (im a hunter so i actually plant trees and shrubs for the deer instead of deer resistant plants) do they were my main concern.
Ive had raccoons scale the fence and eat my corn, but trapping a few put an end to that.
After the growing season has ended, i leave the gates open for the chickens to gather what they can. During this time i have had bears and deer wander in and get "trapped" and not remember how to get out. A 300lb bear climbing a welded wire fence does not end well for the fence.
But when the gates are closed, everything but the 1 time raccoon raid has been deterred.

Back
Top Bottom