What Kind Of Music Do You Play For Chicks ??

Let's see, yesterday the guinea keets got to listen to some Led Zepplin, Thunderclap Newman, Allan Parson's Project, and Roy Wood.

I didn't hear any complaints.

big_smile.png

i've been playing stuff like debussy and they dont like that much..
hmm.png
.. they seem to like owl city though. they like after edmund,cold play,emery,taylor swift,relient k,train,tonic, one republic,linkin park,luminate, and mayday parade... surprisingly they dont like michael jackson.

I dont know what it is about chickens, but they always make me want to sing to them.
lol.png
Recently it has been Phantom of the Opera music and "you're so gay" by Katy Perry

It would seem that everyone here has a different taste in music, so the birds get to hear an eclectic taste most days. My kids like to drag the radio into the yard and play pop, and my standards will actually crowd around the radio, and I swear they are listening! When my mother is on the computer she will play Motown, Country, The Beatles, Elvis, etc. If I'm on the computer, and I'm actually LISTENING to music, I go for pop, 50's and 60's rock, but if I have the CD player on, I listen to Tchaikovsky or my Christian hits. But mostly, someone is always singing. We have a tendancy of naming a bird, and then we realize that there is a song with that name in it, so whenever we say the name of that bird, the song will pop into our heads, and we start singing it. With the new batch of chicks, the first one hatched a day early on my mom's best friend's birthday (my mom's was the next day), well, her best friend died back in 1993, so my mom named the bird after her late friend, and so the chick's name is Donna (if it's a boy, we decided it shall be Don Juan, lol), so every time we hold or talk to that chick, someone in the house is singing "Donna" by Richie Valens. I have the song stuck in my head right now, lol. My mom was listening to 70's rock on her birthday, and my younger daughter really likes the song "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia", so while the chicks were hatching, my daughter was singing the song to the bator, and one little chick kept coming up to the window and standing on the thermostat trying to reach the window when my daughter would sing, so she named the chick Georgia. So guess what song pops into our heads when we hold Georgia! Except my mom who sings "Georgia On My Mind". I can't sing to save my life, but it sooths the chicks, and the adult chickens never chastise me when I'm off key, so as long as they aren't critical of me, I'll continue to sing for them, even if it is more for my benefit than theirs, lol!~

I got mine started right by introducing them to Rush Limbaugh during the day. He is on from 9 AM till noon here, and the girls are quiet and attentive while he's talking, and wait to run around and peep when they hear a commercial come on. I have speakers on the patio and on nice days they will stand in the run and listen...

Yes, Really.

wink.png

Back
Top Bottom