What kind of rabbit do i have?! *pics*

FirstLady

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 26, 2011
Breaux Bridge, LA
I was told he is a 4 month old rex. he is definitely not a rex. so, what kind is he? Any educated guess will do!
big_smile.png

84032_fido5.jpg

84032_dsc_0217.jpg

84032_fido4.jpg

Quote:
I'm not much of a rabbit expert, we've raised a few but i've never seen anything like him. What is a chocolate type chin/agouti? Are those colorings?

Quote:
I'm not much of a rabbit expert, we've raised a few but i've never seen anything like him. What is a chocolate type chin/agouti? Are those colorings?

Yep Colors. Agouti is banded hairs, each hair has banding of several different colors from root to tip. Try blowing into his coat and if you see rings of color, like circles on top of circles he is an agouti. Agouti comes in several different colors and names! Chestnut (Wild rabbit color), Chinchilla, Castor, Opal, Steel, etc etc, the list is a million times longer then I could ever hope to remember all the names. All are Agouti patterns, then you have color! He is either a Chocolate Agouti or Cinnamon Agouti, if he is for breeding, Breed him with a Ruby Eyed White Doe! Then you can find his color gene make up! All his babies should be an Agouti Pattern or REW.

Oh he is a doll though! And sooo darn pretty! In my guess I would say Chocolate or Cinnamon Chestnut!

Back
Top Bottom