what kind of roosters are these

Ab1010

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
I'm watching a ladies chickens and she has two fabulous roosters that are so sweet and big. Im really curious of anyone knows what they are??
20200919_174425.jpg

Attachments

• 20200919_174428.jpg
    20200919_174428.jpg
    798.4 KB · Views: 14
The red one looks like a blue laced red Wyandotte crossed with Easter egger, and the lighter one is maybe Easter egger crossed with Legbar, because I see a small crest on him.
I was thinking Wyandotte cross for that one too!
Glad you said that.
He has a very hefty body, and his face is very Wyandotte, if that makes sense.

They are crosses.

If you want similar looking birds I would recommend Easter Egger - very easy to find - and Faverolles, if you want that nice beard (fluffy legs as a bonus!)

You're right, they really are beautiful guys.
I happen to have both those breeds. I love fluffy legs. My faverolles are my favorite as well as my cochins. I love how massive these guys are. Theyer bigger then my pure lavender orpington roo for reference

The red one looks like a blue laced red Wyandotte crossed with Easter egger, and the lighter one is maybe Easter egger crossed with Legbar, because I see a small crest on him.
I think you're spot on! The red one has lacing like a wyandotte and the comb. The white one has speckling like a legbar! They have such good beards though I was thinking maybe true ameurcana not ee? I know they don't have slate legs but the beards are just too good.

also just wanted to say the lady got these and were told they were black copper marrans. But I don't see any maran in there

Back
Top Bottom