What kind of SUV do you drive and would you recommend it?

a2ms4chickens

Songster
12 Years
Dec 16, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Hi fellow BYCers!

I am looking to trade in my Buick LeSabre for a used crossover SUV. I have spoken with a couple of people with Honda CR-V's who love them; I also got a high recommendation from a Hyundai Santa Fe owner. I've been online reading reviews and common problems for each and my head is swimming.

I did test drive a Saturn VUE today, I liked it but I noticed that a couple times I accelerated, it acted like it didn't know what gear to shift into. I am also concerned that since Saturn is no more, that parts won't be available should I need them.

So, I am asking for your opinions about the SUV you drive.

Thanks for your help!!

Angie

Chevy Suburban. I LOVE that vehicle. I should say we don't have it anymore though. The transmission went out at 220K and since we only paid $1600 for it and sold it for $1700, seemed like a good deal to me.

We just got a Subaru Forester and I think my husband loves it almost as much as he loves me!
lol.png

I read him this and he's hiding his face behind his hands, but he isn't denying it!

lau.gif

The Honda CRV is a very good suv if you don't want to carry the whole world in it. If you like it, also look at the land Rover Freelander. I owned and V6 and diesel in England. The diesel was built in the days of Ford ownership and never gave a moment's trouble. The computer controlled transmission with auto 2 to 4 wheel drive, individual wheel driving and braking and hill descent control is just awesome. I'd own one now if the Thailand price wasn't so high.

Here's a link that might interest you:

http://www.difflock.com/diffmag/issue4/USA_freelander.shtml

We shall probably buy an suv when we next change vehicle. It's already decided that it will be the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. It has a 2.5 litre diesel engine, sport-tronic gearbox (auto with clutchless manual shift), cruise control, electric driver's seat adjustment, touch screen computer, dvd player, auto a/c, seven leather seats and other stuff. At least, that's the spec over here. It's so easy to drive. I'm not sure that it's been launched in the Sates yet but if it has, try it out alongside the smaller Freelander. Older Freelanders should be inexpensive by now.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2008/07/new-mitsubishi-pajero-sport-not-for-usa.html

I once test drove a Santa Fe and found that it wallowed too much on corners. I think that soft suspension like that on a high built vehicle is dangerous.

Edit:

Here's a better website for the Mitisi:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/08/2009-mitsubishi-pajero-sport-new-image.html

Load space is enormous with 5 seats down by the way.

Last edited:
Chevy Suburban! It's our second one and I thank God for it all the time,.. I haul everything it that vehicle! It just keeps going and going,... and when I have to evacuate for a hurricane,.. It makes life easier!
thumbsup.gif

I drive a Toyota RAV4. My sister drove a Toyota RAV4 - she researched 'em at great length first. My best friend has a Toyota RAV4.

I love mine, and if I ever have to get another vehicle, it will be a Toyota RAV4.

we have an avalanche and a used escalade now as well as a smaller cadilac (cadilac deville) but we used to have a suburban, that car was great, we did everything with it, great car but it was like 10 yrs old so we got the escalade snd did that cash for clunkers thing with the suburban like last year, i like all our cars but that suburban was awesome
smile.png
but ive also heard some of the above mentioned cars are good too so get what feels right for yuo and good luck with whatever you decide to get!
smile.png

I had a 1994 Chevy Suburban and my husband has a 1995 Diesel Chevy Suburban...I miss my Suburban! I loved it! Lots of space! My husband loves his! He will never get rid of it! It has 350,000 miles on it and still going strong
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom