What kind of turkey is this?

Can anyone tell me? Additionally is there any way to tell how old a turkey might be? This turkey is a rescue who was left taped up in a box for a couple days with another tom. At the new rescuers house, the toms were not getting along, so I took one off her hands - but she, like me, knows nothing about turkeys.

I have him eating the same diet as my chickens and he gets all the goodies they get as well. Fruit, veggies, oatmeal, FF and so on.

He wont sleep in the coop, and stays on top with no cover from anything. I have one whole open side of the coop for him to go in by himself when the rest go to bed. I put up a roost about 4 ft and he still wont sleep in there.

He just now is starting to come within 2 feet of me without running - I AM THE MASTER TREAT HOLDER. That must be why!

I'd like to know what he is though if you can tell.

In this below photo - I had just put 3 new girls into the pen and he is doing something - I don't know if he wants to attack or her to be his girlfriend. He was much better today. I saw none of that.

man all the Chicken's,and the Turky You have are Sooooo Pretty!
droolin.gif
i wish i could have ALL of them
droolin.gif

Good luck on getting it to come in. Our were raised here and were free-ranging after about a week or two of age, and they STILL prefer to sit on the porch for bedtime and poop it all up before I round them up and put them to bed.

lol - yah he isn't coming in any time soon. I'm going to put the money out to put a large tree up for him though, and like an instant shield for my chickens. The tree will be about 2-300.00 and then cost just about 70.00 for him to put it in for me. I feel pretty good about that.

My horse vet was here yesterday and a guy saw her and stopped to talk, he wasn't even close to the turkey and he said "Ohh you have a black spanish" - which I thought was kewl. I was like YES!!!! Is that it? I thought so.

He seemed to really know his turkey and chicken stuff, so I'm going to find o ut if I can go over there and let him teach me some things - woo hoo! Maybe my first real chicken friend.

Back
Top Bottom