1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What kind of turkey will I get if......

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Sir Birdaholic, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

My only Royal Palm tom suddenly died. My 4 hens are lonely. What will I get if I put one of my Blue Slate toms in with them?
    Will I get Blue Palms?[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
  2. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    I have the opposite, two rp toms and one blue slate hen. She hatched a bunch of chicks out in freezing weather in Oct., there were mostly blues a few blacks a two whites. I couldn't catch them the first day, we had freezing rain that night, about 22 degrees, I found her with 8 the next day and caught 6 wet, cold, poults and got them inside (4 blues, a black and a white) I lost one blue and the white to being too cold and wet. Don't know if the whites would have been rp or blue royals, i have been wondering this myself. Not sure how I got the solid black either!

3. Kennyog

Kennyog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Oak Grove
    You would get mottled types of various colors. If you don't know what mottled type turkeys look like. Type it in google images and some pictures of them will pop up.You may also get some solid colors also,black being one of them. No, you will not get any blue palms with them.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Thanks for the info![​IMG] Too bad I won't get Blue Palms. [​IMG] They are my favorite.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by