What kind of turkey's are these?

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.
big_smile.png
I hatched the hens last year, but I never actually saw the parents. The best I can remember, the guy told me the parent's could be either Black Spanish or Red Bourbon. All of the eggs that hatched were Bourbon Red's (which I sold last year), except for two of the chicks (the two hens in the photos), the darker hen was completely black when she hatched, and the other hen was a little lighter in color.

I got the male a few weeks ago, his owner, who got him from a poultry auction, said that he was told the male was a "Black Royal Palm", which I've never heard of. It doesn't really matter to me, they are all very sweet and actually my favorite birds. They started laying last week, and I plan on hatching most of the eggs, and selling some as well, so I wanted to tell people what kind they are, at least to the best of my ability.

Aren't turkey eggs beautiful? I really enjoy seeing/gathering them from the nest. I can't wait to have more little poults running around!

TurkeyEggs.jpg

Quote:
So maybe a Black Spanish/Narragansett mix? He's pretty heavy, but he can still fly up pretty high to roost with the girls.

Quote:
That's a great point, thank you.

No problem. I was just looking at those with my autistic child earlier this evening. He loves animals.

I have Narragansett eggs in the bator due to hatch April 7th. He is excited and has to help me turn the eggs every morning and before he goes to bed.

Quote:
Definitely not Eastern. We have Wild Eastern running all over the place around here. A few times we had to stop the truck while driving to let them cross the road.

The 1st pic is a Black Spanish and either Easter Wild or Bronze mix.

The second pic looks like a Chocolate maybe.

The 3rd is a hen but not sure about breed but looks like a mix of chocolate and bronze or something. It could be a Red Bourbon and Black Spanish mix.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom