What Kind of Worm?

Looking at jefferspet. Of course they won’t tell me how much shipping is or how long it will take. But at least they have it in pill form.

The one with the wormer in it that I can find is a powder. Can’t imagine how I could give it to her. It’s a lot of powder!

Jefferspet offers free shipping if you order $49 worth of merchandise or medicines. Chewy.com has it with free 1-2 day shipping with $49 orders. Amazon prime may have it as well for free shipping, but maybe higher price. Amazon doesn’t have it.
Jeffers is 4-10 days to ship...I’ll be looking at chewy.

On a positive note every throat I looked in, besides hers, is clear! I am wondering if it really is canker. It seems to have hit fast and hard. But only her. I can tell she still feels pretty lousy.

20180620_215823.jpg
20180620_215828.jpg
20180620_220241.jpg

Got pictures tonight of in her mouth. There is almost nothing outside her glottis. It seems to have quite a bit still in it. She coughed more up after I massaged it a bit. The last picture shows a little yellow smudge on the edge of her beak. It wiped right off.

Looking for opinions on diagnosis. I realize canker is the obvious. So I’ll give my reasons for questioning that.

She’s the only one showing any signs.
She only has the gunk in her glottis and a few specks right outside it.
There are no other symptoms. She doesn’t have swelling or bubbling eyes. She coughs but more as a reaction to what’s stuck in her throat. The same with her breathing. It’s the after effect of her glottis being plugged.

I’ve delt with this and I’m trying to do my research as I go. Just throwing ideas out. Feel free to comment and or suggest. (I’m hoping not to be proven wrong but if that’s the case then prove me wrong.)

Last edited:
Nunny, get some baby food, and a 10 cc syringe. Mix the powder with the baby food, then syringe feed the mixture to her. If you know what vegetable or fruit she likes best, get that flavor, preferably in the "1st foods" range so there are fewer preservatives. The other option is to puree her favorite food to a smooth consistency that will work with the syringe. If you end up with a Lur-lock syringe, you can cut off the outside locking ring at its base, and it turns it in to one you can use.

Jeffers is 4-10 days to ship...I’ll be looking at chewy.

On a positive note every throat I looked in, besides hers, is clear! I am wondering if it really is canker. It seems to have hit fast and hard. But only her. I can tell she still feels pretty lousy.
I’ve found chewy’s customer service to be great. Instead of just ordering online, call them at
(1-800- 672- 4399) explain your situation and ask the person if they can make sure the order goes out today.
Edited to add - I’d ask what day it’s coming if ordered today *or pay for faster shipping.
My orders usually come in 2 days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom