What kind of Wyandottes? Which ones are pullets?

ManedWolf

Chirping
Jan 9, 2023
Pennsylvania
I ordered 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and they all look drastically different. This is my first time with the breed.
I suspect #5 is a cockerel, but I can't tell if any more are.
Some are showing a lot of blue coloration, but others look black and gold. I don't know if this is normal for Blue Laced Reds or if some are a different variety.
They are 5 weeks old today.

Attachments

• Blue1.jpg
    Blue1.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Blue2.jpg
    Blue2.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Charlie2.jpg
    Charlie2.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Charlie3.jpg
    Charlie3.jpg
    663.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Delta1.jpg
    Delta1.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Echo1.jpg
    Echo1.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 64
  • Rooster1.jpg
    Rooster1.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 71
#4 & #5 look like possible blue laced red wyandottes, but I'm not certain. Can't tell if 4 is red or gold, and 5 doesn't have enough feathering yet for me to be sure. The others look like gold laced wyandottes. Is there a possibility the hatchery substituted chicks on your order?

#5 is a cockerel for sure. #1 is also probably a cockerel, but you can wait a few weeks and post pics again to be certain.

#4 & #5 look like possible blue laced red wyandottes, but I'm not certain. Can't tell if 4 is red or gold, and 5 doesn't have enough feathering yet for me to be sure. The others look like gold laced wyandottes. Is there a possibility the hatchery substituted chicks on your order?

#5 is a cockerel for sure. #1 is also probably a cockerel, but you can wait a few weeks and post pics again to be certain.
#3 throws me off because her wings are very light colored (looks blue to me), but other than that she's pretty dark. I was really hoping everyone would tell me #1 is a pullet lol, if they end up a cockerel they'd be my 3rd rooster.

#3 throws me off because her wings are very light colored (looks blue to me), but other than that she's pretty dark. I was really hoping everyone would tell me #1 is a pullet lol, if they end up a cockerel they'd be my 3rd rooster.
Sorry. Odds are good 1 is a rooster, but give it a few weeks. Cockerels turn pink/red earlier than the pullets, and that comb's pinker than a pullet's usually is at this age.

#1 is a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Probably a cockerel.
#2 is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte pullet.
#3 looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte with some bad color pattern on the neck feathers. That one is a pullet.
#4 is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte too I think. Looking like a pullet.
#5 I don't know what pattern that is...I think its Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. That one is a cockerel.

Also my gender guesses aren't guaranteed, as it is a bit young for them, especially with Wyandottes. Only one that you can be sure on gender is #5, which is a cockerel.

I ordered 5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, and they all look drastically different. This is my first time with the breed.
I suspect #5 is a cockerel, but I can't tell if any more are.
Some are showing a lot of blue coloration, but others look black and gold. I don't know if this is normal for Blue Laced Reds or if some are a different variety.
They are 5 weeks old today.
I have 2 blue laces wyandottes who are 5 weeks. Do you have an update on what they turned out? Would love to compare. Right now mine look similar to #4!
Thanks!

I have 2 blue laces wyandottes who are 5 weeks. Do you have an update on what they turned out? Would love to compare. Right now mine look similar to #4!
Thanks!
You're in luck because I recently got another picture of #4! (she's the only one I've taken recent photos of though)
I will be sure to get pictures of everyone else as well

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom