What kinds of fruits and Vegs can I feed in the run?

sillycmoy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Utah~Utah County
I have 2 chicks outside in the run, they were rescued so I believe they are about 6 weeks old, they are almost completely feathered. They are still on chick start, and I wanted to add some stuff for them to eat while they are in the dirt run, they will be able to free range in a few weeks after we finish making the fence chicken proof, we have a lot of work still to do, very large area, but until then, they are in a 8 ft by 8 ft dirt run with their coop. I just wanted to add some treats for them. I'm going to pick up some chick grit today.

Thanks

Judy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
South Georgia

sillycmoy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Utah~Utah County
Thanks, I'm going to get some chick grit today, and I'm de-thawing out a corn on the cob right now, and I have lettuce too. So excited to give them a treat later today. Its going to be their very first treat, and I order crickets online for my daughters frogs, so I need to order more this week, and I'm going to add some meal worms to the bunch.

Thanks for all the information!

chickengeorgeto

Crowing
7 Years
Dec 25, 2012
Big Bend of the Tennessee River's Right Bank.
... I'm de-thawing out a corn on the cob right now... Its going to be their very first treat...
They may like unfrozen corn better.
wink.png

sillycmoy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
Utah~Utah County
They probably will, but I was cleaning out the freezer, its from the garden last year. I took some out for our dinner tonight, and figured I would give one to the girls outside too.

Linda Stumph

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,
I recently bought this new toy that can be hung inside or out. It's a round ball with a bell hanging on the bottom, a small bell not loud enough to scare them. I stuff the inside with raw cabbage and slices of apples. They love to peck at it and really go after the food. Evidently they like both cabbage and apple, a lot.
Linda

Top Bottom