What made you decide to get chickens?

For me? the reasons were several.... first what is happening with the economy and what if it gets worse.. I wanted to provide food and money (barter chickens and eggs with neighbors) to help my family.

I love chickens, fresh eggs and just the sound of happy clucking hens to watch and love.

These are some of my reasons.
ya.gif

Just a couple of weeks ago we had in Sweden a huge recall for all chicken products because they found glass in them. We always wanted to have them but that was kind of the last straw for us. The chicken products you buy in the store just get worse and we are tired of paying way to much for eggs and chickens that have never been care for.

well,look at my screen name,LOL. really it was a combo of both,i always wanted them,and well if you take 3 kids to the feed store,you all know what happens.plus at our house at the time we had a chicken coop going to waste. now we have moved,but still love our chickens.i actually told my friends boyfriend the other day,if he didnt like chickens,i didnt like him LOL

Japanese beetle explosion and the search for a chemical-free, sustainable way to keep the bug population under control. My roses love me
thumbsup.gif

Since then it has become much more than that, we love the new 'ornamentation' on our property. The eggs are a bonus and make our friends very happy.
...and everyone here knows, once you've started with chickens you can't stop
old.gif

The are like m&ms to them....they love, love, love them.
I put additional catch bags around the yard and each night dump them into a dish of water. When the chickens see me gathering up the bags they follow me around, then its a frenzy when I dump them. I often have 2-3 dishes of water so all the chickens get equal access to this delectable treat.

Back
Top Bottom