What made you get chickens?

What made you want to get chickens?

• I fell in love when I saw them one day.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I thought it would neat to have fresh eggs.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • My family/friends had them so I wanted some too.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I live in the country so I need chickens for meat/eggs.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • My kids kept begging me so I gave in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I thought it would educational for the kids.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I wanted some feathered friends to follow me around and keep me busy.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Oh boy, my reason is a very unique one. :lol: My friends live on a farm, and have a ton of chickens. We didn't take much notice, and I'm not sure what got into their heads :rolleyes: . . . but they thought it would be nice to get me a couple chicks for my birthday! :bun I LOVED :love them, and got five more the next day! :ya

I became a live - in caregiver for a man with (his daughters) chickens on his property. When she stopped coming around as often I picked up the slack, when she decided to move she gave them to me outright.

I originally just wanted the rooster, because she decided she was going to get rid of him because he was getting aggressive when she went in the pen. I told her no way, I'll take him since I'm the one who takes care of them anyways and I wasn't having a huge issue with him. She agreed and I just ended up keeping him in there. He's come leaps and bounds since I've worked with him and he LOVES being hand - fed now. I named him Todrick (Todd) and he's still my favorite. Lol

Attachments

• 20170605_183645.jpg
    20170605_183645.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 5
Thank you! Unfortunately my silkie just came of age and thinks he's the boss. For whatever reason Todd allows the little one to boss him and he plucked out his beautiful tail feathers! :(

Back
Top Bottom