What made you happy today?

I use a pizza stone for my sourdough. Let me know how the silicone mat works.
I bought a Dutch oven for baking my sourdough. (I also just wanted a Dutch oven...) The idea behind the mat is it takes the place of parchment paper. This particular mat is round, but has long tabs on the sides so you can lift it loaf up out of the 450 degree Dutch oven. I think I'll be able to use it to lift stuff out of my Instant Pot too.

I looked in the Sonoma store in the mall, and they didn't have this shape, just the rectangle mats.

Thanksgiving leftovers for breakfast. Yummmm...
Left over stuffing mixed with some extra eggs and fried up for lunch! Yummmmm!

I was chicken sitting for my neighbors this last weekend while they went out of town. They get about 12-16 eggs a day, and she said, "Please, take the eggs! The top shelf of our fridge is full of eggs!" Ok, twist my arm; I get 1 or 2 eggs a day from my pullets.

I gave 3 dozen to the other neighbors and have 2 1/2 dozen in my fridge. :gig

Wouldn't say happy, but it did make me chuckle. Saw an ad for plant based eggs. BYC is probably not the target audience for that.
Aren't plant based eggs called seeds?
DevilGrin.gif

I told DH the next time he needs to order something on Amazon, include a baking gizmo for me. Today he had an order, and someday soon, my gizmo will be here.

It's a silicone mat to bake sourdough bread on. It will have many other uses too.
I love my silicone mats!! So many uses in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom