What made you happy today?

Turning a hog panel hoop greenhouse into a chicken coop. So far we covered the front half in chicken wire. The next step is to had hardware cloth up the sides. We have all kinds of predators and we have not intention of opening a buffet for them.
Be sure to extend the hardware cloth on the ground about 18" or so, a dig-proof apron.

IMG_20230219_171403254~2.jpg

Here's mine during construction. I used landscaping staples to pin it to the ground. The grass has grown through, you can't see it anymore.

Here's the pics I promised. We are on our way back to MO, they are in the back of the car, so no feeder or waterer. We are stopping frequently to water from a bowl and there is feed in the corner for the older babies. The day-olds should be okay till we get home in a few hours. First, six chicks, a week old (all are lavender EE):

View attachment 3815930

Some are barred:

View attachment 3815936

These are the day-olds, hatched yestered:

View attachment 3815944

Here's my GirlChild holding one of the hatchlings:

View attachment 3815947

Compare with a week-old:

View attachment 3815951

Lots more wing feathers. Sire is lightly barred (cuckoo) lavender. Will post pic of him shortly when I get it. Dams are lavender EE's and lavender Ameraucanas.
I love their coloring!

Veterinarian medicine.
Excellent! Michigan State University is another well known veterinary medicine college.

The four years of the local college makes great sense, dollars and sense. :)

You know, if you specialized in poultry... you'd be very popular with a certain online group. Just sayin. :)

Back
Top Bottom