What makes BYC so popular and the forums so busy?!

Quote:
I need to sign up for those CAA meetings Boyd, can you post info? I also need a BYC AA meeting too, while you are at it. Wonder who all is "addicted" on here like me?

It is addicting, I can not go to bed at night unless I am 100% sure I checked in at least once on here!

I love all the trading that goes on on here too! All the swaps people start to give things to one another, like in the hobbies section. The swap sections and stuff.

How many people do use those every month!? Swapping eggs, fabric patches, canned goods... whatever?!

I believe a lot of it is the community, but I personally like the layout as well. It is very easy to navigate between forums.

But if you think about it, keeping (insert type of animal here) is an ever-changing thing, so there is always something to talk about. With gardening or other type forums, there is only so many things you can say about it
smile.png

I like it because it's fast moving and diverse. I get easily bored when no one answers a thread in 3-4 days. Here someone is always on and most posts get answers fairly rapidly.

But its the attraction?! Like bees to honey?! Whats the honey...sugar mama... brings winnie-the-pooh runnin'?!

I do get the point though.... I like things that are doing something... there is always someone on, always someone posting and a good contriversory to boot!!!!

Nothing like seeing temps flare... then it all cools back down to fun... tons of people posting pics all the time....

What wonderful ideas and stuff... keep 'em coming!

And just post here, no one has to PM me!
big_smile.png

Okay, my top three reasons for loving BYC
1. the layout is great, I love the search engine.
2. It is fast moving, the topics don't just sit there for days on end.
3. Even though we come from different economic, social, religious and political backrounds normally we don't let that get in the way of communicating our love for the chooks.

Oh, there is one more reason... pictures of brand new little fluffy butts!!!

We all share the same addiction, and we understand those newly addicted.

It's a Goldilocks forum: not too big, not too small. a mix of rookies and experts.

Some of us come and go (last time I was here was the spring) some here all the time.

And we're country (redneck?) folk. We all crave that bit of country ( look at how some look after their lawns) whether we are aware or not.

I just hear my pheasant rooster crowing and it calls me back to my grandfather's farm in Silesia (today Poland, was Germany) that I visited last summer. We get it.

I think the ease of browsing through the byc site is what originally caught my attention. I tried others sites but became frustrated with them too quickly. I love the wealth of info I can find here, and I love the people. Everytime you leave and come back, literally hundreds of new posts are ready to read if you want. Other sites just seem kind of stagnant, never changing or evolving. I have made some great friends on here, and well others I just agree to disagree with sometimes. Just drag your friends over to byc, they might love it too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom