What makes the best Frizzles?

Sebrightmom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Greencastle, IN
My little sisiter just got a little black frizzle. She was wanting more. What is the best breeds to breed with him? We think he is a bantam because he is small. I will try to get a picture of him later.
Thanks

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
In the middle of nowhere!!!
This is not scientific or anything, but we breed our frizzles with silkies. Because eventually if you breed frizzle to frizzle they will eventually end up with really weak/poor feathers.

Last edited:

Guitartists

Resistance is futile
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Michigan
Just do not breed to another Frizzle or you will end up with double gened birds which will have poor feathering!

Breed to a smooth feathered bird carrying the frizzle gene for the best results.

Here's an article.... http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Friz/WhatMakesFriz.html

Also
... Frizzled Cochin Bantams seem to be most common, though the frizzle gene can show up in or be bred into other breeds..... So I'm guessing it is a Cochin bantam. Get more cochin bantams to breed with, though you will get best results if you get either smooth frizzles from a frizzle breeder or breed your roo to cochin bantams and then breed the offspring back to the roo.

Last edited:

Top Bottom