What makes the Hova-Bator Genesis better?

Meloout831

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Just curious... A lot of people are getting these? Is the hatch rate that good? Also, what about the Hova-Bator Incubator with Picture Window Thermal Air Flow, or, Hova-Bator Incubator with Picture Window Turbo Fan Air Flow? Differances with all of these? What does the Genesis have that these don't?

Thanks.

The Hova bator Genesis has a preset temperature, and is honestly trouble free. It has a large single window, making viewing really nice! The temp goes back to normal very quickly, it adjusts itself automatically. Humidity is easy to maintain in the trays which are plastic in the bottom, I use aquarium tubing and run it out the cord opening....and fill it with a turkey injector! Dont have to open the bator at all!

The other Hova Bators have different windows or may have the bigger window, but still require adjustments to temp...

I have the Hovabator Genesis. I have a Little Giant Still Air. I have used the LG just for the last three days as a Hatcher with many of my past hatches. NEVER AGAIN.

The past few hatches, the temps in the LG would NOT stay stable. No matter what I tried. And the humidity was difficult to manage as well. I have had really hard hatches, lost chicks due to dried membranes or mushy bellies, and once the temp fried chicks at 102 degrees! Many I lost in the shell at days 19 and 20...it was the incubator instability.

So, I went ahead and although I still have eggs in the Genesis not due until April 25th....I took 3 racks off of the turner on Day 18 and made a separator to keep my chicks safe....I added a bit more water, just a touch...and ALL of my eggs hatched alive and well, healthy little fluff butts, the best hatch EVER, in the Hovabator Genesis....

I guess people recommend them because they are the best, worry free, automatic temp setting, best viewing window, no element to get burned on, air circulates freely...what more can you ask for?

Hope that helped?

Wow! I think I'm sold. Are you one of their reps?
smile.png
Anyway, thanks for the info. If there are anymore opinions please feel free to post.

Quote:
No, but I remember back when Miss Prissy used to get perks for her sales pitches for the Hovabator Genesis! She convinced me!

I am not kidding, its a great incubator, and the instructions are right online too, so I print them up every time I lose them. (I do)

Oh....nifty part....you CAN adjust it if you want or need to for other species, and then return it to factory settings! There are toggle switches and step by step instructions, I have played with them (And screwed it up, and corrected it!)...this incubator is cool!

Nope, not a rep, just trying not to kill any more little chicks! My LG killed 7 chicks with 102 degree spike on day 21, I just sobbed! My lovely Naked Necks from Dipsy Doodlee Doo! They tried so hard, and were pipping and zipping, but I was at work...it was sickening. They all died. No more Still Air incubators for me - I need one that can run itself!!

I have 2 of these before they called them Genesis, they do kinda spoil a person. But I do have both of the other styles also. still air and turbo fan. They also work well but require alot more supervision.

Back
Top Bottom