What my neighbor said when I told her tha her dog killed my Orpingtons

Hangin Wit My Peeps

AutumnBreezeChickens.com
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Birnamwood, Wisconsin
I called her the next day after I had time to cool off because that's what I felt would be the right thing to do rather than call her when I felt so angry yet.
She felt really bad and before I even asked her about paying for the birds she said she would like to replace them all plus whatever food and meds we had into them on top of that
big_smile.png
They are such wonderful neighbors. I didn't want to have to ask for money so I'm glad she offered first. I told her I may be placing an order for hatching eggs and she is paying for those for me plus I need to let her know what else she owes me. I told her it all depends on what hatches out...If I get six out of the dozen to hatch than we will call it even because I lost three and one is still missing so if I get a couple extra hens out of the deal that would be fine with me. I'm glad I have great neighbors..and she also told me she loves us for not being so angry with them about it
big_smile.png

Last edited:
It is good that the two of you were able to discuss it amicably. Sounds like you have a wonderful neighbor!

Awww....what a nice neighbor....that was very kind.
smile.png
Of course, she needs to keep that dog tied up or get a fence because he will come back for more!!!!
sad.png

what a blessing! and smart of you to cool your jets before speaking with her. you are a great neighbor yourself!

i love the fact that our neighbors support our chicken farming! they LOVE the roosters! how amazing is that! it makes life wonderful. and in turn, i give them eggs and beautifully processed chickens. works great for all of us!

Nice job!
smile.png

I'm so glad it worked out okay for you. I mean, it's a royal bummer you have to start all over again with your chickens, but it's great it ended peacefully.

Implement Golden Rule. :cool:check.

Thats good to hear. Neighbors CAN be pretty great sometimes and I think you handled it well too. That often helps!

now thats just awesome!...
love.gif
.....you dont see much of that anymore today!..good old fashioned morals!!....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom