What not to do for New chicken owners!

missliss1675

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 24, 2014
I'm not feeling to bright today. My chickens have started sneezing and I was very worried. I have been on every site trying to figure it out. Well it's my fault. They are very impatient when I go out to feed them. I realized by continuing to pour feed while they are eating I'm pouring the dust into their nostrils. They only sneeze at feeding time.

I'm not feeling to bright today. My chickens have started sneezing and I was very worried. I have been on every site trying to figure it out. Well it's my fault. They are very impatient when I go out to feed them. I realized by continuing to pour feed while they are eating I'm pouring the dust into their nostrils. They only sneeze at feeding time.
Aside from the sneezing they are experiencing right now from the dust, why don't you solve your problems with PVC pipe feeders? Just fill them up...done. Much less loss of feed and everyone's happy, especially me!

The two on the left are for their feed, and the smaller one on the right is their oyster shell. I don't know what age your birds are right now...if they are still chicks put chick grit in it, if they're laying, put oyster shell.

I think you are going to be a fabulous chicken keeper! You used common sense and figured it out. Good for you!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom